Was it worth to have 30 judges ?

The Airtel Super Singer 3 has got over and the next season for the juniors is getting started now. Is it worth to speak about the ended season and is it worth to speak about the judges marks ? I knew you would say a big No, but I wanted to post this from the day I saw the episode when the Vijay TV revealed the judges scores. There were several questions in my mind while watching those episodes of Airtel Super Singer and I was very disappointed with few thing in them. First being, was there a need for the Vijay TV to have that episode at all, providing the vote count is fine and that is required but if the judgement is based only on the public voting why was there a need to provide judges's scores. The episode had many musicians in the show and it was as if they all came to support Vijay TV for some reason. Srinivas and Sriram Parthasarathy gave their feedback in the social networking sites and that was cool from them. They made sure that people who follow them get to know their thoughts.

So, the next disappointment was that when they revealed the judges score and the grand finals had 30 judges judging the performances of the finalists. I dont see any reason for the 30 judges to score and if it at all they wanted many playback singers to judge the contestants, they should have some criteria in choosing the judges first of all. We saw some of the judges were not really good enough to judge a grand final of super singer. I dont want to name or hurt anyone in doing so. But, I was disappointed to first see Ajeesh as one of the judge... a long pause.. and if you look at the score he had given to Satyaprakash was terrible. For what Satyaprakash got a standing ovation from all the musicians in there, Ajeesh had given him marks of 14 for 2 performances. While I compare against other judges, Ajeesh's score was the least among all judges for Satyaprakash. I dont know the reason behind this scores :) I feel that if we make the judges scores, then the show has to make sure that the judges are not baised towards any particular contestant.

Frankly I would not suggest any new methodology for Vijay TV to follow their selection criteria but I would want to suggest them to watch other popular reality shows and see how they identify the winner. Recently ended Just dance with Hrithik Roshan, the winner was selected based on 50% from judges and rest 50% from public votes. I felt this is very genuine and please dont ask me how can we trust the numbers published by the television channels.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

NEXT POST PREVIOUS POST HOME